CardsFX - Overview
CardsFX is a simple toolkit for creating graphing and diagramming programs using JavaFX.
Its main focus is on providing base implementation for essential parts of a graph/diagram representation:
- UI representation of a graph/diagram main parts:
- drawing space (DrawingBoard)
- nodes (Card)
- connections between nodes (Connector)
- attachment points on nodes for the connections (Pin)
- node positioning on the board by dragging it with mouse/touch gesture
- implementation of drag-and-connect gesture for connecting nodes by connections
- multiple (group) node selection and positioning on board with mouse/touch gesture
There are a few sample implementations for nodes, connections and pins provided with the library and these are mainly meant as a samples and quick start pieces, not as a complete implementations for production use.
In order to be able to quickly and more easily use CardsFX, it may be helpful to take a look at the basic concepts behind the implementation and terms used througout the toolkit.